LAZY LOW CARB MEAL PREP SERIES: Ready in under 10 minutes! Each serving is a large salad with lots of ingredients so it won’t leave you feeling deprived or hungry an hour later. Low carb and keto friendly! Use pre-cooked steak and ready-to-eat hard boiled eggs. Per serving: 10 net carbs
Quick Note: This post contains affiliate links which mean if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may make a small commission, at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure statement for details. Thank you.
When I eat a salad for a meal, I want a large salad with lots of ingredients. Maybe I want lots of ingredients because I don’t want to feel deprived because after all, it’s a “salad.” Which is probably why I’m not a fan of, let’s say, a chicken caesar salad. Let’s see, 3 ingredients, right? Yeah, that’s not going to cut it with me, lol.
This salad has 10 ingredients! Now that’s more like it! As I mentioned before, this is a large salad! Heck, you may not be able to finish the whole thing but at least you have the option to eat it all or save some for later.
Steak and blue cheese just “go together.” Such a lovely combination. The best part about this salad is that the steak is pre-cooked! You don’t have to take the time to cook anything and you don’t mess up a pan that you’ll have to clean up afterward. This is a CONVENIENCE MEAL….meaning there is no pre-cooking involved, whatsoever. No pots, no pans, no cooking! The bonus part of this meal is that it’s quick, easy, and low carb.
This Steak and Blue Cheese Salad is a perfect solution to save time and eat low carb. You can enjoy these meals right away, or save them as meal prep for the next several days. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Low Carb Steak and Blue Cheese Salad
- 1 ea 12 oz bag of romaine salad mix
- 1 ea 12 oz bag of pre-cooked steak strips (in refrigerated section of store). Or two, 6-oz bags.
- 4 Pre-cooked and peeled, ready to eat, hard boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
- 8 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups Fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Green or black olives
- 1/2 cup Almonds or pecans, whole, chopped, or slivered
- 1 cup Real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup Blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup Blue cheese salad dressing
- For meal prep: Divide the salad mix equally among each container or bowl. You will have a total of 4 containers/bowls.
- Divide the steak strips equally among each container or bowl.
- Add the following to each container or bowl:2 cherry tomatoes2 TBS green or black olives 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms2 TBS slivered almonds1/4 cup real bacon bits2 TBS blue cheese crumbles
You may also want to try:
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken and Bacon Wraps
Low Carb Chicken Vegetable Soup with Sausage
Notes: Different brands will vary on the net carbs so keep that in mind. For the most part, they should be fairly close. Use a site like MyFitnessPal.com or FatSecret.com to figure out this information based on the brands or ingredients you used.
Now the legal stuff (because my mama didn’t raise no fool): Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply sharing my personal favorite recipes on this blog. Please consult with your physician before starting any diet or exercise program. I provide the net carb information for my low carb recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.