- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 10-oz bag frozen seasoning blend (pre-chopped onion, bell pepper, and celery)
- 1 lb shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, or to taste (Tony Chachere's or Slap ya Mama)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of cheddar soup
- 2-1/2 cups cooked rice (extra long grain preferred)
Cook the rice according to package directions. Let cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 350F. In a large pan, saute the onion, bell pepper, and celery mixture in the butter for 5 minutes.
Add the shrimp, garlic, cajun seasoning, and black pepper. Simmer for about 5 more minutes.
Add the soups and cooked rice. Mix well. Taste test and add additional seasoning, if desired.
Pour into casserole dish. Bake covered at 350F for 30 minutes.
Extra long-grain rice is preferred because it doesn't get sticky or mushy after it's cooked. But if you can't find it, try the regular long-grain rice.
If you're in a rush, use the pre-cooked rice that comes in a pouch. You may have to buy two pouches for a total of 2-1/2 cups cooked rice.
Prep time and cook time does not include time needed to cook your own rice for this recipe.
Serving: 110z | Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 20.5g | Saturated Fat: 11.4g | Trans Fat: 0.6g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 1157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g