- 2-½ cups cooked rice (extra long grain preferred)
- 1 10-oz bag frozen seasoning blend (pre-chopped onion, bell pepper, and celery)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pound shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste (Tony Chachere's or Slap ya Mama)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of cheddar soup
Cook the rice according to package directions. Let cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 350F. In a large pan, saute the onion, bell pepper, and celery mixture in the butter for 5 minutes.
Add the shrimp, garlic, cajun seasoning, and black pepper. Simmer for about 5 more minutes.
Add the soups and cooked rice. Mix well. Taste test and add additional seasoning, if desired.
Pour into casserole dish. Bake covered at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Medium to large, peeled and deveined (frozen shrimp is fine - thaw before using). Leave just the tails on if desired as they can add additional flavor. Substitute with peeled crawfish tails, if desired.
- condensed cream of mushroom soup - if you don't like mushrooms, use condenses cream of chicken soup instead.
- condensed cheddar cheese soup - if you simply can not find cheddar cheese soup, you could use condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup instead.
- Extra long-grain rice is preferred because it doesn't get sticky or mushy after it's cooked. But if you can't find it, try the regular long-grain rice.
- If you're in a rush, use the pre-cooked rice that comes in a pouch. You may have to buy two pouches for a total of 2-½ cups cooked rice.
- Prep time and cook time do not include time needed to cook your own rice for this recipe.
Serving: 110z | Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 20.5g | Saturated Fat: 11.4g | Trans Fat: 0.6g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 1157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g