Crisp romaine lettuce, fresh broccoli, and ripe tomatoes with toasted slivered almonds and toasted Ramen noodles tossed in a homemade sweet and sour vinaigrette. This salad goes with just about anything!
Quick Note: This post contains affiliate links to my personal favorite items. If you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission, which helps me keep this blog up and running, at no extra cost to you. Please read my disclosure statement for details. Thank you.
Welcome to My Kitchen Serenity! This crispy crunchy salad is so delicious and hard to stop eating (I always want seconds!). I’m not sure which is my favorite part of this salad, the crispy crunchy romaine, broccoli, tomatoes, slivered almonds, and ramen noodles or the salad dressing (oh this salad dressing is the bomb). When all these ingredients come together, what a delightful flavor and texture experience! Even my husband, who is a ranch dressing person, ate two huge bowls of this salad!
This quick and easy salad recipe only takes minutes to prepare. The toasting of the slivered almonds and Ramen noodle pieces takes the longest; only about 5-8 minutes. The ingredients are available virtually year-round, so this salad is an easy healthy side dish for the holidays or any time of the year.
How to Make Crunchy Romaine Toss Salad
Preheat oven to 350F. Wash a head of romaine lettuce then tear into bite-size pieces. Chop one bunch of fresh broccoli into small florets. Slice 2-3 Roma tomatoes into quarters. Cut 4 green onions with a pair of scissors. Place these ingredients into a large salad bowl (I like to use a wooden salad bowl; so pretty).
Toss the slivered almonds and Ramen noodle pieces with melted butter (you can throw away the seasoning packet that comes with the Ramen noodles, or save it for something else), place on a sheet pan, and toast in the oven. While these ingredients are toasting in the oven, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce.
You can use a clean, empty salad dressing bottle or a mason jar to mix and store the dressing. When ready to serve the salad, toss the salad mixture with 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the dressing. Prepare to be blown away, lol.
Crunchy Romaine Toss Salad
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 package Ramen noodles (throw away the seasoning packet)
- 1 bunch of broccoli, chopped
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 4 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or walnuts, pecans)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Break the Ramen noodles into small pieces and add to a sheet pan with the slivered almonds. Pour melted butter on top and toss to evenly coat the noodles and almonds. Bake for 5-8 minutes until slightly browned. Remove from oven to cool.
- Mix the oil, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and black pepper in a small container.
- Place the lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, and green onions in a large salad bowl. Add the browned Ramen noodles and almonds.
- Just before serving, pour 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the dressing over the salad and mix well. (see recipe note).
If you try this recipe and like it, let me know! I’d love to hear from you!
Try Crunchy Romaine Toss Salad with my Best of the Best Meatloaf!