Little mini pumpkin pies are the perfect dessert for the holidays. Old fashioned, homemade recipe with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Makes 21 mini pies in about 30 minutes.
Please note: This post contains Amazon affiliate link(s). Please read my disclosure statement for details. Thank you.
Welcome to My Kitchen Serenity! With fall fast approaching, we have pumpkin, spice, and everything nice on our minds. The little pies are easy to make, easy to eat, and easy to transport. They're a delicious treat all by themselves or served with coffee, milk, or hot tea. They're the perfect pumpkin pie you can eat without utensils 🙂
These little personal pies have all the same flavors you love in a classic pumpkin pie, but in a smaller, cuter version. Top them off with some whipped cream and cinnamon for an elegant final touch. They're such a nice addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert menu.
Traditional pumpkin pie spices include cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. We use evaporated milk because it really does make a HUGE difference in the moistness and richness of the recipe.
What Kind of Crust for Pumpkin Pie?
For me, ready-made pie crusts are time-saving and taste terrific. I almost always use them instead of making a pie crust. Use a biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, or wide mouth mason jar lid as the template for cutting 3-inch circles of crust for these pies.
Use pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!). This is probably the most common question regarding recipes that use pumpkin puree. The puree contains ONLY pumpkin - no sugar, spices, or fillers. Just plain ole pumpkin, that's it. I also use the canned pumpkin puree for my Pumpkin Pecan Spice Cake.
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Pies
please scroll down to the printable recipe for detailed ingredients, step by step instructions with photographs, and helpful tips.
- Ready-to-bake pie crusts
- Pumpkin puree
- Evaporated milk
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves
Toppings: Whipped cream and ground cinnamon, if desired.
Quick Peek at the Directions
- Cut pie crusts into 3-inch circles. Press down into mini muffin pan.
- Mix all the pie filling ingredients.
- Divide among the mini pie shells.
- Bake. Eat. Smile 🙂
Garnish each pie with whipped cream and a whole pecan slice.
Serve room temperature or chilled.
Use heavy cream if you can't find evaporated milk.
Transporting Baked Pies
So now that you’ve made these delicious mini pies, what the best way to transport them? I recently discovered a plastic carrier that’s perfect for transporting pies, muffins, and cupcakes. It’s the Southern Homewares 3-in-1 Plastic Holder Container. It offers easy-grip handles, a snap-tight lid, and it’s made out of durable plastic. Available now on Amazon!
Storing Baked Pies
Keep your pumpkin pies fresh by storing them in the refrigerator. Store them covered, in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Other Pie Recipes to Try
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 24-cup mini muffin pan
- 3-inch mason jar lid, cookie cutter, or biscuit cutter
- large mixing bowl
- measuring cup(s)
- measuring spoons
- 1 15-oz. package ready-to-bake pie crusts
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut pie crust out into circles using a wide-mouth jar lid. Push pie circles down into the muffin cups. If needed, gently knead and roll out any extra dough left from the rings to make a total of 21 circles.
- Mix pumpkin pie filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Divide filling among the mini pie shells.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake an additional 10-12 minutes, until pie filling is just set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from muffin tin and topping with whipped cream. Garnish with some ground cinnamon, if desired.
Nutritional data does not include any topping(s). Nutritional data may vary based on the brands used.
If you try this recipe, let me know. I'd love to hear from you!