This homemade chicken broccoli alfredo pasta is simple and delicious! Chicken breast, broccoli, homemade alfredo sauce, and shaved parmesan cheese baked together for a meal that will become a family favorite. This recipe makes 4 large servings or 6 smaller servings if served with a side such as garlic bread or a green salad.
Quick Note: This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure statement for details. Thank you.
This may sound odd, but I don’t think I ever ate chicken alfredo until I was grown. I was truly missing out on a classic, but I’m making up for that now, lol.
Ingredients for Chicken Broccoli Alfredo with Penne Pasta
- Cooked Diced Chicken Breasts (3 cups) or use a whole rotisserie chicken
- Frozen Broccoli Florets (10 oz)
- Penne Pasta (8 oz uncooked)
- Parmesan Cheese (1/2 cup) shaved or shredded
- Whole Milk (2-1/2 cups)
- Butter (2 Tbsp)
- Cornstarch (2 Tbsp)
- Minced Garlic (1 tsp)
- Basil, dried (1/2 tsp)
- Rosemary, dried (1/4 tsp)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to Make Homemade Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Don’t let the homemade alfredo sauce intimidate you. It’s really easy and only takes a few minutes to make. It tastes fresher and better than the jar version. It’s very creamy and blends with the chicken and pasta in the most perfect way.
Cook chicken breasts that have been seasoned with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning, remove from pan and slice or chop.
Steam the broccoli per instructions on bag. Drain. Chop into smaller pieces if desired. Set aside.
Cook the pasta and drain. I love penne pasta, but I’ve used fettuccine as well. Set aside.
Melt butter, add cornstarch, seasonings, and milk in a pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add the chicken, broccoli, pasta, and cheese to the pan and mix well with the alfredo sauce. Pour into a 2-1/2 quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
After plating, add additional parmesan cheese and fresh cracked black pepper, if desired. I chose to use shaved parmesan instead of shredded, just for a change of pace! If you’re not a fan of parmesan cheese, try mozzarella.
I hope your family loves this chicken broccoli alfredo dinner as much as we do! Give it a try and let me know what you think, I’d love to hear from you!
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
- 8 oz Dry penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 10 oz Frozen broccoli florets, steamed per directions
- 3 cups Chicken breasts, seasoned as desired, cooked and diced
- 2-1/2 cups Whole milk
- 1/2 cups Shaved or shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Basil, dried
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary, dried
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large pan. Stir in cornstarch and seasonings. Add milk. Simmer, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat. Check the flavor and add additional seasonings if needed.
- Stir in chicken, broccoli, pasta, and cheese. Mix well and pour into a casserole. Cover.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until heated well. Top with additional parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
A few of the items used for this recipe include:
Here are some other recipes you may like. By the way, the chocolate chess pie recipe is super crazy good.