Ripe avocado halves filled with an egg, baked to perfection and topped with bacon and cheese. A healthy, easy breakfast or quick dinner recipe with only 2 net carbs per avocado half.
Bacon, egg, and cheese avocados, as I like to call them, are a quick and easy breakfast or snack. You don’t have to be on a low carb or keto lifestyle to enjoy a stuffed avocado.
Avocado Nutritional Information
According to an article from verywellfit.com, “…avocados also deliver vitamins E and C, potassium, folate, and fiber. And it contains plant sterols that may help reduce the risk for cancer, as well as the antioxidant lutein, which helps keep your eyes healthy. Numerous studies show that avocados can help reduce cholesterol levels, improve heart health, and aid in weight management.” Read this article for more nutritional information and avocado benefits.
Easy Avocado Recipe Ideas
Besides the obvious, guacamole, we love to eat an avocado half (seed removed!) filled with a little Italian Dressing or Balsamic Dressing. I learned this from my grandmother. Add avocado to your favorite smoothie. A simple avocado salad with tomatoes and cucumber is very good. An avocado egg omelet is scrumptious. And who doesn’t love a tuna salad stuffed avocado! I love avocados so much, I’m attempting to grow an avocado tree from the seed. Wish me luck!
How to Make Baked Avocados with Bacon and Cheese
1. Cut avocadoes in half and remove the seeds. Carefully remove some of the avocado flesh to make room for the egg. Use small or medium size eggs since large eggs tend to overflow.
2. Place the avocado halves in a muffin tip to help keep them from moving around. Crack an egg into each avocado half. Sprinkle a little salt & pepper to each avocado, if desired.
3. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350F. Remove from oven and top with cheese and bacon!
How to Keep an Avocado Fresh
I have found the best way to keep a perfectly ripe avocado fresh and prevent it from turning brown is to place it into a sealable plastic bag and refrigerate it. Don’t place an unripe avocado in a plastic bag as it will never get soft.
Baked Egg in Avocado with Bacon and Cheese
- 2 Large, ripe avocados
- 4 Small or medium eggs
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese
- 4 Strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt & pepper, if desired
- Cut avocadoes in half and remove the seeds. Carefully remove some of the avocado flesh to make room for the egg. Use small or medium size eggs since large eggs tend to overflow.
- Place the avocado halves in a muffin tip to help keep them from moving around. Crack an egg into each avocado half. Sprinkle a little salt & pepper to each avocado, if desired.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 350F. Remove from oven and top with cheese and bacon.
Have you tried these low carb products? I love to get their sampler box. There’s a nice variety of bread, bagels, sweets, and even pasta. At the moment, they only have a few Keto items, but I’m sure they’ll be adding more. I’ve been a customer of theirs for years and enjoy their low carb bread and bagels the most!
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think. I’d love to hear from you.
Please try these easy Low Carb & Keto recipes from My Kitchen Serenity:
Some of my favorite low carb and keto cookbooks that I own include:
Notes: Different brands will vary on the net carbs so keep that in mind. For the most part, they should be fairly close. Use a site like MyFitnessPal.com or FatSecret.com to figure out this information based on the brands or ingredients you used.
Now the legal stuff (because my mama didn’t raise a fool): Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply sharing my personal favorite recipes on this blog. Please consult with your physician before starting any diet or exercise program. I provide net carb information for my low carb recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.