These easy Bisquick Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins make a delicious breakfast or a tasty snack. Applesauce adds sweetness and moisture while cinnamon adds a warm and cozy flavor. Topped with a simple cinnamon sugar mixture.
Quick Note: This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure statement for more details.
Welcome to My Kitchen Serenity! I’m excited to share with you our favorite cinnamon applesauce muffin recipe! Cinnamon sugar has always been a favorite for my children. And I grew up on cinnamon sugar toast! So, topping these muffins with cinnamon sugar was a no brainer.
This recipe calls for Bisquick instead of flour, which gives the muffins’ texture the slightest hint of a biscuit. Oh, but they are still very much magnificent “muffins” my dear friends. These muffins are moist and full of apple cinnamon flavor! Have them for dessert with your favorite coffee or tea.
How to Make Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins
Mix sugar, cinnamon, applesauce, egg, milk, vanilla extract, and oil in a large bowl. Then add Bisquick and blend well with a whisk. Mix just until blended because if you overmix, the muffins will be too dense. Lightly grease muffin pan or use paper liners. OXO offers a wonderful, heavy gauge muffin pan with easy grip sides…find it here. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full then bake at 400 for about 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. After baking, brush tops of muffins with melted butter. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy! Makes 8-10 muffins.
What is the Best Way to Store Muffins?
You can store muffins at room temperature for up to 3 days if they’re stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze muffins for up to 3 months if you wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or place in plastic freezer bags.
Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (OPTIONAL)
- CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease muffin pan or line with paper liners. Spray paper liners with non-stick spray to keep muffins from sticking to paper cups.
- Mix the cinnamon, sugar, applesauce, egg, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Then add Biscuit (and nuts if using) and blend with a whisk.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 10-11 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and brush tops with melted butter. Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle on top of muffins.
Try some of these other delicious desserts:
If you try these muffins and like them, please let me know by leaving me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.